[ltp] Kernel 2.6.6, PCMCIA and APM suspend

Matthias Posseldt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:16:23 +0200

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 12:59, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 09:22:20 +0200, Boris Zentner wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 15. Juni 2004 08:22 schrieb Tino Keitel:
> > > I switched from 2.4.26 to 2.6.6 on my A30 and now I can not
> > > suspend anymore with APM if the PCMCIA service is running, even
> > > if no card is inserted. It looks like the yenta_socket module
> > > forbids this. The
> >
> > i hv  A30 to with 2.6.6 and I can suspend whenever PCMCIAA service
> > is running or not, but only if the laptop is on battery power.
>
> This could be the case. I had a similar problem with 2.4. I was only
> able to suspend with the WLAN card inserted if the ThinkPad was
> running on battery power.

I have exactly the same behaviour now with 2.6.4. Thus, I configured
apmd to remove the yenta_socket module before suspend and insert it
afterwards. But I'm not sure whether that really fixes the problem. I'd
try to stop the pcmcia service before suspending (that service runs on
my A30p only when I'm on the road, thanks to different runlevel
configurations).

Regards,
Matthias

--
There is still the danger of EU software patents!

http://swpat.ffii.org/