[ltp] uhci-hcd problems

Cameron McCormack linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:47:09 +1000

Mark Houlder:
> I have a T41 with built-in bluetooth and a/b/g IBM wifi, running gentoo
> with a 2.6.5 kernel
>
> I recently got a logitech bluetooth mouse, which i have got working
> using the built-in bluetooth using bthid+bluez; however, whenever i use
> bluetooth on my T41, uhci-hcd becomes un-unloadable - the kernel panics
> if i attempt to unload it. this means that whenever i use my mouse, i
> cannot shutdown the laptop cleanly as it always hangs upon trying to
> unload the usb module(s). note that i can load and unload the module to
> my heart's content as long as i don't actually *use* it first - at
> least, that's how it appears.

I was just about to buy the Logitech bluetooth mouse today!  So even if
you remove the hci_usb module you can't remove uhci-hcd?  Does hci_usb
remove properly?

> anyone come across this before, and/or suggest a solution?

I will let you know how my new mouse goes.  Also, if you find a wy to
programmatically connect and disconnect the bluetooth module from the
internal USB hub, let me know!  I'd like not to have to press Fn+F5
every time I turn on just so I can use the mouse.

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack