[ltp] [howto] TV-OUT on a IBM T40 with Radeon 7500 [/howto]

Steve Stavropoulos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:07:20 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Konstantin wrote:

> Plug all the cables in,
> Turn your TV on,
> Start you laptop or wake up from any suspend mode (without it won't work
> run the command: atitvout -f t
> after waiting up to 5-10 sec you should see the picture.

 It works for me on a T41, but the image is shown a little on the left of
the tv screen and shrunk down on the y axis. atitvout pal doesn't get me
an error message, but no results either.
 Also, if I'm in X then when I switch to TV the image gets far too bright
and the colors get inverted (not instantly, I have to move the mouse or do
something else to get the effect). The problem remains even if I switch
back to lcd. Solution is reboot :> To avoid this problem I have to be in
a tty and play movies with mplayer -vo vesa -xy 640 -zoom -fs
 Any ideas?

PS. I use an S-VIDEO to Composite adapter. I don't know if that makes any
difference, but I can't think why would it...