[ltp] Re: [howto] TV-OUT on a IBM T40 with Radeon 7500 [/howto]

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:33:06 +1000

On 16 Jun 2004, Steve Stavropoulos wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Konstantin wrote:
>
>> Plug all the cables in,
>> Turn your TV on,
>> Start you laptop or wake up from any suspend mode (without it won't work
>> run the command: atitvout -f t
>> after waiting up to 5-10 sec you should see the picture.

[...]

> Also, if I'm in X then when I switch to TV the image gets far too bright
> and the colors get inverted (not instantly, I have to move the mouse or do
> something else to get the effect). The problem remains even if I switch
> back to lcd. Solution is reboot :>

Yup. This is an XFree86 bug, which should be resolved in 4.4, or so. You
could pester your vendor to backport the fix as well. :)

      Daniel
--
Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power
predominates,love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.