[ltp] ThinkPad R31 Information

Sean O Sullivan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:35:50 +0100

Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Andr� Wyrwa wrote:
>
>>If you have wireless, you will find two little cables flying around
>>under the miniPCI slots cover,
>

> There's likely to be a third-wire in there too.  On my laptop the MiniPCI
> card is a combined SoftModem and 802.11b.  The of the leads of the wireless
> antennas and the third wire is the modem analogue that goes to the RJ11 port
> on the back of the machine.

Took look inside ..
No wires/cables dangling - so guess have to do self install ...
also, I'm curious, is it normal there to be very little space there ?
... i.e.same depth as RAM has [apart from plastic cover gives some extra
space].
Was suprised at lack of space, thought would have been more, unsure how
usual this is.

Is it just Irish IBM that aren't the most helpful ?
Emailed them twice so far, first time enquiring about what / if any,
wireless cards the laptop can take - and general info.
To which I got responce 'we don't supply directly, here is list of vendors'

Emailed regarding antenna for laptop, and got same reply, word for word
- must be a template of theirs.

Any info regarding getting antenna much appriciated.

Regards,

Sean

--
BitBucket, IT Carlow's Networking Society
http://netsoc.itcarlow.ie