[ltp] Re: SUSE 9.1, T30 and ACPI work OK?

Shannon McMackin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:12:49 -0400

Greg Macek wrote:
> Has anybody out there have this combination of hardware and software
> working properly? Our company will hopefully be buying a fresh copy of
> SUSE 9.1 for the IT Dept. sometime soon and I wanted to know how the
> power management was on this specific hardware (hence writing to this
> list). Feedback is appreciated.

Greg,

I work for IBM and currently run Suse 9.1 on my A31p.  Stand-By seems to
work without any issues.  You need to enable the modes in
/etc/powersave.conf, I think.  When I reboot to my linux drive, i'll
verify and follow-up.

Everything else has been wonderful with that distribution.

What model laptops are being considered?

Shannon McMackin
mcmackin@earthlink.net