[ltp] tp 600E + sound: HELP!!!

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:02:23 -0400

wes schreiner wrote:

> I don't don't think you want to do this, you only have a physical
> joystick port if you have a dock.

Wes, are you saying that for Tpads that don't have a joystick port on
the laptop
but do have one on the dock/port replicator, that port will work for
midi i/o ?
The ones that I care about are the 770X/Z and 390/E/X

(2) What would be your best guess as to the problem cause when sound is
near perfect with
Kmidi, Xmms, Totem and  way too fast + badly!! distorted under alsaplayer.
I have this problem with FC1, FC2, RH9 on both desktop and 390...
770.... systems
and to make things even worse I can't get anywhere with Rosegarden and
other aps which
I really want..

Sound chips are detected, interrupts, ioports, modprobe/modules all seem
to be fine but
there may be some problem that I am not seeing.

I have googled this problem to death and I'm not getting  anywhere.
TIA for any and all ideas,
     Bert