[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #519 - 9 msgs

Ron linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:30:47 -0600

ron wrote:
> I setup lindows 4.5 on my thinkpad 600E. It did not see the modem, sound
> card or my USB scanner.
>
> Where do I get the drivers, How do I install them?
>
> There is no "add new hardware or software" no device manager and no way to
> add desktop icons for installed programs. And no way to "import" my data
> from windows. I have 30 GiGs of data.
>
> Now what?
My other data is on a 30 gig windows drive. They are both in the same
laptop. There is a 5 gig PCMCIA HDD as well. Lindows sees the 5 gig but not
the windows HDD at all. I will try the desktop icon adding to day. But I
still have no idea how to add the modem when I get the driver. Are the
drivers the same as windows? If so, how do I install them?

As for the "linspire" [lindows] web site, so far likr tits on a bull.
Something to look at but useless.
Ron