[ltp] Hibernate on T41P

Brian Nelson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:21:52 -0700

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:

> In case this helps, I'm running 2.6.6 on a t41p using ACPI, the latest
> Debian xserver-xfree86, and a fairly recent madwifi CVS driver.  I can
> sleep (suspend to RAM) via Fn-F4 and suspend (swsusp -- suspend to
> swap) via the power key.  In both cases, pressing the power key again
> wakes the machine back up.
>
> Both sleep and suspend are triggered by acpid according to scripts
> in /etc/apci.
>
> File /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn:
>
>   event=button[ /]power
>   action=/etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh
>
> File /etc/acpi/events/sleepbtn:
>
>   event=button[ /]sleep
>   action=/etc/acpi/sleepbtn.sh
>
> The two .sh scripts mentioned also both contain an "ifdown ath0"
> which, via /etc/network/interfaces, calls "modprobe -r ath0" to remove
> the madwifi module before going down.

Hm, how do you accomplish that through /etc/network/interfaces?  Using
"down" or "post-down"?

Also, how do you bring the interface back up on resume?  Do you have to
do it manually, or can that also be accomplished in /etc/acpi scripts?

Sorry for all the questions, but the documentation is lacking.

> I don't know if this is still required, but it used to be.  Otherwise,
> the machine would hang.  Also note that I don't use the binary ATI
> drivers, and I haven't been using USB or (lately) the 10/100 ethernet
> port, so I can't comment on whether or not those would survive.  I do
> seem to recall that ethernet was OK, but I'm not positive about that,
> and I may have been taking it down via "ifdown eth0" before each
> suspend/sleep.

Ethernet is OK, but USB definitely is a no-go.

--
You win again, gravity!