[ltp] Screen turning off without caring about USB mouse

Joshua Megerman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:55:40 -0400

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 06:55, Christian Teij=F3n wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I own a T41, my screens turns automatically off after a period of
> inactivity, which is OK, but moving and using the USB mouse doesn't
> mean activity so when browsing or reading documents the screen
> continuously gets black because the only thing I'm doing is moving the
> usb mouse. Any ideas ?

I have the same problem on my R50p, but the solution is simple.  Use tpctl =
to=20
disable screen blanking at the BIOS level - "tpctl -ptB=3Ddisable", and now=
 the=20
mouse will keep the screen alive and wake it up if it does blank for=20
inactivity.

Enjoy!

Josh
=2D-=20
Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division
You can't win; You can't break even; You can't even quit the game.
  - Layman's translation of the Laws of Thermodynamics
thinkpad@honorablemenschen.com