[ltp] hardware repair: keyboard + keyboard bezel

Benjamí Villoslada linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 03:35:50 +0200

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:57:46 +0200, Patrick Drechsler wrote:
> Can
> anybody give me a hint on how to exchange the keyboard bezel
> (which is the upper case-shell surrounding the keyboard)? I'm
> having difficulties finding a way to detach the keyboard-bezel
> around the display...
>
> Appropriate links are also appreciated.

Is very easy.  Keyboard is a piece to remove in any operation.  I've
removed in order to  to screw the right hinge --self-unscrewed =:-(

This article may help:
http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=102030&seqNum=3

Basically:

- Remove 2 keyboard screws in the laptop bottom (with a keyboard mark
in the case)
- Slide the keyboard towards the monitor, pushing it
- Remove the battery
- Push the touchpad bottom that is visible in the battery holder

Regards,

--
Benjamí
http://bitassa.com