[ltp] hardware repair: keyboard + keyboard bezel

Matthias Himber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:28:53 +0200

Am Dienstag, 22. Juni 2004 23:57 schrieb Patrick Drechsler
patrick.drechsler-at-gmx.net |Linux-Thinkpad|:
> Hi,
>
> I know that this is slightly OT here but reading this ML has
> solved many problems so far concerning my R40 and Linux.
>
> Last week the `click' function of my R40 touchpad gave up on
> me. This included double-clicking the touchpad itself and the
> left button above and below the touchpad. And Murphy was very
> accurate about this happening a few weeks after loosing
> warranty... After talking to an IBM technician on the phone I
> decided to purchase a new keyboard and keyboard-bezel. Can
> anybody give me a hint on how to exchange the keyboard bezel
> (which is the upper case-shell surrounding the keyboard)? I'm
> having difficulties finding a way to detach the keyboard-bezel
> around the display...
>
> Appropriate links are also appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
> Patrick
> --
> Computers are good at following instructions,
> but not at reading your mind.        -- Donald Knuth

Try getting the Hardware Maintainance Manual for your ThinkPad. Look for it in
the downloads section of the IBM webpage or google for it. It contains
instructions for exchanging everything from UltraBay drives to the system
board.
HTH,
	Matthias

--