[ltp] does tpctl support thinkpad R50?

Chris Zhang linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:16:04 +1000

Hey all:

I am just wondering if tpctl supports R50 laptop. the reason i am asking is
that if i run tpctl with any parameter, it returns an error which says:
"
tpctl: System error message is: No such device
tpctl: Can't open device file /dev/thinkpad/thinkpad with flags O_RDONLY.
Exiting.
"
i have no trouble compiling tpctl.

another problem is that i used to be able to compile thinkpad-5.5 perfectly,
but right now it doesn't seem to work any more. i don't know what i have done
to it and i highly doubt if i have actually done anything. i followed the
REDEAM and made links. and copied my modserersons.h into the right place.
(the modversions.h seemed strange. i have two different modversions.h,
one is:
cat /usr/include/linux/modversions.h
#error Modules should never use kernel-headers system headers,
#error but rather headers from an appropriate kernel-source package.
#error Change -I/usr/src/linux/include (or similar) to
#error -I/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/include
#error to build against the currently-running kernel.

the other one is:
cat /usr/src/linux-2.6.6/include/config/modversions.h
#undef CONFIG_MODVERSIONS

is this normal? if not what do i have to do to get it to work?

Thanks