[ltp] xmbmon

Mark Houlder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:27:42 +0100

 From what I know, the lm_sensors problem wasn't really related to
kernel modules, it was a system call that caused problems with some
EEPROMs of earlier (ie earlier than current new modules) thinkpads.
later versions of lm_sensors were hardcoded to exit on thinkpads rather
than make that call, but earlier versions would still be dangerous.
whether that particular EEPROM issue is extant on your T21 I couldn't
tell you. there should be more information on the net somewhere, i
remember reading some details on a mailing list but can't remember what
it was. i suppose IBM could tell you if you mailed their technical dept ?

personally i'd hold fire on trying it until you're sure, better safe
than sorry

--
Mark Houlder

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)