[ltp] Keyboard lockups on t41p

Steve Harris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:13:05 +0100

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 01:52:29 +0200, Vincent Touquet wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 12:28:01PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> >I see pause, repeated letters, restart when I'm using ssh over wireless
> >(ipw2100), but not on ethernet.
>
> I don't use wireless for now, so that cannot be the issue here.

OK, thats interesting. I dont think I see it when editing files on the
local machine.

> >If I'm running gkrellm I see the network meter disapear and then come back
> >during the pause, so I assumed that it was just a dodgy n/w driver, but
> >come to think of it that wouldn't give repeated letters.
>
> True. As I gathered from lkml, there were issues with the acpi timer.
> Couldn't that cause the meters and the input system go funky (repeat
> threshold suddenly gets much lower as time goes faster ?).

No the ethernet deveice definatly goes away, and I get:

Jun 25 13:43:32 ninkasi kernel: eth1: Scheduling firmware restart.
Jun 25 13:43:32 ninkasi kernel: ipw2100: eth1: Restarting adapter.
Jun 25 13:43:33 ninkasi kernel: ipw2100: Associated with 'ECS-WLAN' at
11Mbps, channel 6

in /var/log/messages.

- Steve