[ltp] T41p: APM & ATI fglrx

Charles Gillet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:05:10 -0700

I thought that another reason to use fglrx was because it knew how to
throttle back the graphics chips so the cooling fan wouldn't be buzzing
all the time ... and not using as much battery.  Can someone on the list
say definitively that this is or is not the case?  I *think* I'm getting
longer battery life with fglrx, but don't unplug all that often.

-charles