[ltp] Cisco Aironet wireless mini pci card w/ Mandrake 10 and linux kernel 2.6.7

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:35:20 +0200

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 09:44:42PM -0700, Shaw Vrana wrote:

> I have been unable to change the SSID by echoing a string to SSID or Config..?
>
> Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Yes. airo.c from stock 2.6.7 is broken when writing commands via the
proc fs interface (commands are simply ignored by the driver). You
should try airo.c from 2.6.7-bk4 or newer, which is supposed to solve
this issue.  If you don't want to upgrade the whole kernel, just
replacing and recompiling the new airo.c should be fine too.

Best wishes,
--
fabrice