[ltp] usb mouse and acpi...

Frederik Wagner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:55:04 +0200

Hi everybody,

again three question about an extra external usb mouse:

I'm running the touchpad through the synaptics driver and the touchstick by the repeating feature of gpm, so that I have all the 'padding' features and additionaly the stick working.
Now if I attach an extra usb mouse there is a there are two problems - actually three:

1. the system is not going into the ACPI state C3 anymore (so I'm running ACPI ;-). Only when I'm detaching the mouse again. Is this a problem of the specific mouse model or is this a general problem?

2. the usb mouse always gets the same features as the touchstick. I put the EmulateWheelButton on button 2, but the usb mouse has a scrolling wheel, so I would like to have it working as a button 2 event when pressing it.
Is it furthermore possible to have the button two on the stick working as button 2 when only clicked, but as scroll when button clicked _and_ stick moved?

3. When starting the computer with the usb mouse attached both stick and pad don't work. Did anyone experience this before?

By the way: I'm running Debian unstable on a T41 with the kernel.org 2.6.6 kernel. The relevant part of the XF86Config are shown below (XFree 4.3).

TIA, Frederik!

---------------------------------

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver        "synaptics"
  Identifier    "MousePad"
  Option        "Device"        "/dev/input/mice"
  Option        "Protocol"      "auto-dev"
  Option        "LeftEdge"      "1700"
  Option        "RightEdge"     "5300"
  Option        "TopEdge"       "1700"
  Option        "BottomEdge"    "4200"
  Option        "FingerLow"     "25"
  Option        "FingerHigh"    "30"
  Option        "MaxTapTime"    "180"
  Option        "MaxTapMove"    "220"
  Option        "VertScrollDelta" "100"
  Option        "MinSpeed"      "0.02"
  Option        "MaxSpeed"      "0.10"
  Option        "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
  Option        "SHMConfig"     "on"
#  Option       "Repeater"      "/dev/psaux
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "MouseStick"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IntelliMouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Buttons" "5"
        Option      "AlwaysCore"  "true"
        Option      "EmulateWheel" "true"
        Option      "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "MouseUSB"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IntelliMouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/usb/mouse0"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Buttons" "5"
        Option      "AlwaysCore"  "true"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "MousePad"      "CorePointer"
        InputDevice     "MouseUSB"
        InputDevice     "MouseStick"
        Option          "DontZaP"       "true"
EndSection