[ltp] pre-installation advice?

Patrick Reilly linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 10:05:19 +0000

My T42p just got here a few days ago. I tried parted, and it munged the
partition - the recovery program put it back OK once I dropped the partition.

I ended up just using QtParted (from Knoppix) to resize my /dev/hda1 down to
15GB (still a type c W95 FAT32(LBA) partition), made a new /dev/hda2 (FAT32
38GB), and left in /dev/hda3 (type c, 4GB). Recovery Program asked me if I
wanted to wipe the partitions, or just install into "C:". I took the latter,
rebooted, and ended up with a 15GB WinXP partition and 38GB that I could set
up for linux - which I'm in the middle of doing.