[ltp] pre-installation advice?

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 11:53:56 -0400

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 10:05:19AM +0000, Patrick Reilly wrote:
> My T42p just got here a few days ago. I tried parted, and it munged the
> partition - the recovery program put it back OK once I dropped the partition.

Were you doing parted on the windows partition before it was converted to
NTFS on the initial boot? Or were you doing parted once it was NTFS?

> I ended up just using QtParted (from Knoppix) to resize my /dev/hda1 down to
> 15GB (still a type c W95 FAT32(LBA) partition), made a new /dev/hda2 (FAT32
> 38GB), and left in /dev/hda3 (type c, 4GB). Recovery Program asked me if I
> wanted to wipe the partitions, or just install into "C:". I took the latter,
> rebooted, and ended up with a 15GB WinXP partition and 38GB that I could set
> up for linux - which I'm in the middle of doing.

That /dev/hda3 type c 4GB is the recovery partition? That's at the end of
the disk I assume (and shipped that way from factory)?

BTW thanks for the numerous replies everyone.