[ltp] pcmcia nic recommendation

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:09:38 -0700

On Saturday 26 June 2004 01:42 am, dim wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a thinkpad 570 and was thinking of buying a pcmcia ethernet
> card for it. What cards would you recommend? I'm looking for something
> that is already supported by the kernel and isn't overly expensive.

You can't go wrong with an Intel NIC. The only thing is that it is a Type 3
card so it blocks both PCMCIA slots. This is good, in that it protects your
PCMCIA card cage from getting dust in it and so on, but it's bad in that it
prevents the use of the top slot.

Here's a good deal on it:
http://www.logicalplus.com/logicalplus/inprrecaiimo.html

Knoppix 3.3 picked it up immediately and uses it as if it's second nature.

Take care,
Michelle
--
Michelle Klein-Hass