[ltp] pcmcia nic recommendation

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:19:02 +0000

One of the best I have is an IBM EtherJet card - it does have a dongle but
most Linux Installs have the driver pre installed.

My experience: I don't suggest RealTek chipsets (especially from Encore -
Mine has been flaky and Encore hasn't responded to any of my e-mails) -
Others might be ok, I don't know.

I have a NetworkEverywhere NP100 card that works well (it needs fairly new
PCMCIA Drivers if you don't use the built in kernel stuff - I don't know
about built in Kernel PCMCIA as it isn't supported on my Laptop. btw. It's a
Lynksys Chipset)

Adam Southerland
Thinkpad 760XL (made in 1997)