[ltp] thinkpad r50 problems

Chris Zhang linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:10:54 +1000

i have a thinkpad r50 laptop with FC2 booting from 2.6.7 kernel. i came with
pentium m processor and centrino technology. despite the fact i have ticked
pentium M and unticked genric x86 optimisation support which according to the
manual will result a worse performance in that selected model. i still
happened to get the problem that the fan doesn't stop spinning. i researched
on the net and people reported the fan with the same model under windows xp
hard spins. i have tried both ACPI and APM, but either improved the
situation. certianly this is just my guess, perhpas power mangement have no
relevence to fan at all. does any one happen to share the problem? could you
please let me know if you can solve this?

also, i have trouble compiling the latest ATI driver, i have radeon 7500 video
card and whenever i was compiling the driver it says:

Compiling new agpgart module...

ERROR: AGPGART module did not compile

Compiling DRM module...

ERROR: Kernel modules did not compile

The DRI drivers can not be installed without the latest kernel modules.
Installation will be aborted. See the dri.log file for information on
what went wrong.

any suggestion what went wrong?

Thanks