[ltp] thinkpad r50 problems

pub@wigginghaus.de linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:16:08 +0200

Hey Chris,
I have the same machine, same problem. But after installing ATIs fglrx-drivers
on Debian Unstable and 2.6.7 the fan now sometimes stops under LInux as it
does under Windows XP.
I, too, called IBM-support and am very very disapointed by IBMs way of dealing
with this problem. I, too, was told that they are working on a fix for that
problem. That was almost two months ago, haven't heard anything new in the
forums. I assume it's a hardware problem (wrong fan position, bad
GPU-cooling) that cannot be fixed. Again - this should not be a problem in a
fairly high priced product.
Nils