[ltp] Use LOADLIN to boot a CDROM

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:17:19 +0000

I'm looking to see if there is a way to use LOADLIN to boot sbootmgr.dsk...
Or simply, use it to be able to boot a CDROM Drive...

By this, I don't mean to boot an image on the CDROM to start an install, I
mean a generic way to boot CDRoms from LOADLIN.

Can I boot sbootmgr.dsk from LOADLIN? If so how? or does anyone have any
other ideas? I really want to be able to boot from CDROM with the least
configuration possible...  Can Partition Magic or anything else accomplish
this when my Laptop won't support booting to a CDROM?

Thinkpad: 760XL

Thanks!
Adam Southerland

MSN Movies - Trailers, showtimes, DVD's, and the latest news from Hollywood!
http://movies.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200509ave/direct/01/