[ltp] Random T41 hangs

Chris Brotherton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:03:28 -0600

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 09:49:19PM -0400, Dmitriy Morozov wrote:
> On Sunday 27 June 2004 08:57 pm, Chris Brotherton wrote:
> > I am beginning to suspect APM too.  I didn't have the crashes with
> > ACPI, but like you I didn't run it very long.
> >
> > Have you tried APM compiled as a module?  I have only
> > tried compiled in.
>
> No, I've only tried it compiled in, but I can't imagine it affecting
> anything (though you never know). Also, this was happening for me
> with kernel 2.4 (just to comment on another message). What I'm
> curious is to try another distribution with its own kernel settings,
> but don't have the harddrive space now (I also run Gentoo, so maybe
> some standard kernel configuration that another distribution uses
> would be better). Anyway, as I said I'm very curious to know if you
> find anything out.

Have you tried the plain 2.6.7 source from kernel.org?  I use
gentoo-dev-sources which has some gentoo patches applied.  Our problem might
have something to do with the patches.

I also might try removing both APM and ACPI from the kernel to see what
happens.  At least, it might answer our question about apm.

Chris.