[ltp] Random T41 hangs

Brian Nelson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:56:02 -0700

Chris Brotherton <chris@protonlab.net> writes:

> I am beginning to suspect APM too.  I didn't have the crashes with ACPI, but
> like you I didn't run it very long.
>
> Have you tried APM compiled as a module?  I have only
> tried compiled in.

I used APM (compiled statically) on my T41 for several months on both
2.4 and 2.6 kernels with no problems.  I recently switched to ACPI and
the only problem I've noticed are strange keyboard problems (~3 seconds
lag, keys randomly act "stuck", and eventually the machine locks up)
when returning from suspend to memory.  The ipw2100 wireless driver
seems to be at fault since the network fails to come back up, and the
problems only seem to occur after trying to bring it back up.

swsusp works without problems, however.

--
You win again, gravity!