[ltp] Random T41 hangs

Mark Houlder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:20:23 +0100

I have experienced similar hangs on my T41 (w/gentoo, 2.6.7 kernel,
APM), but i'm pretty sure in my case it's due to the ati (binary)
drivers that i use, which many people have problems with. my hangs all
seem to be X-specific, so that i can still login over the network and
use console apps fine. if you're using the ati drivers you could try
using vesa for a while and see if that helps things.

Mark

--

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)