[ltp] ACPI on R50. When should the fan turn on?

Matthias Himber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:54:34 +0200

Am Montag, 28. Juni 2004 11:37 schrieb Luke Yelavich themuso-at-themuso.com=

Linux-Thinkpad|:
> The fan came on at 65 degrees C. Is this a good or bad sign, and can it be
> adjusted? I am not running any CPU frequency scaling daemons yet, however=
> do intend to do so in the next day or so, as I haven't had to use it off
> the charger yet.
>
> Thanks
>
> Luke

Actually, thats a good sign. The fan control works, and 65=B0C is OK as CPU=
=20
Temperature. The low figures I gave were a mistake on my part.
It appears that your machine already uses ACPI frequency scaling, so freque=
ncy=20
scaling daemons won't make your machine run much cooler, but they might hel=
p=20
with battery time, you'll have to try that for yourself as I don't use ACPI=
=20
yet.
HTH,
	MAtthias Himber

=2D-=20
It's trivial to make fun of Microsoft products, but it takes a real man to=
=20
make them work, and a god to make them do anything useful
	--Anonymous