[ltp] ACPI on R50. When should the fan turn on?

Markus Nospers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:10:42 +0200

Luke Yelavich wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 07:54:34PM EST, Matthias Himber wrote:
>
>Thanks for that. I have run some test with both a 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, and the
>fan is always turned on around 65 degrees, and turns off at 60 degrees. However

I own a T40 with Gentoo on it with Kernel 2.6.7 (acpi) and i've the
problem, that the fan turns on at about 40
degree an never turns off (perhaps it would turn off below 40, but this
i never reach).
I didn't find anything in a config file nor in the bios to set the
temperatures for the fan?
Any ideas?

Thx
Markus