[ltp] swapping ultra-bay (slim) batter and dvdrom drive - alarm

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:22:30 +0300

--VaKJWhUROU/xPxjb

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 10:56:48PM -0700, Ram Bhamidipaty wrote:
> I have a T40 and normally keep and extra battery in the ultra
> bay slot. When I try to switch the battery for the DVD drive
> some kind of alarm starts going off and the only way I can=20
> shut the alarm off is to reboot my machine.

Try suspending before you switch the battery for the DVD drive.

You might also need to use hdparm to unregister the DVD drive before you
pull it out.  On Debian systems there's a script called idectl hidden in
/usr/share/doc/hdparm/contrib/

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Never, ever expect hackers to be able to read closed proprietary document
formats like Microsoft Word. Most hackers react to these about as well as y=
ou
would to having a pile of steaming pig manure dumped on your doorstep.
	-- ESR (http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html)

--VaKJWhUROU/xPxjb

--VaKJWhUROU/xPxjb--