[ltp] ACPI on R50. When should the fan turn on?

Luke Yelavich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:33:54 +1000

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 06:56:10AM EST, Markus Nospers wrote:
> >My fan doesn't turn off even around 35 degree. So it's the typical problem
> >with T4x/R5x... You won't find any configurational possibility to
> >influence that...
>
> But does it also turn on at about 40 degree? Or above?

Mine has done it both on a 2.4 and 2.6 kernel, but only once each. One thing
I haven't tried yet, but have been thinking about, is to see what happens if
I increase the usage of the CPU, thereby increasing the temperature, and see
if it gets turned offat the proper temperature. However I don't know when it
might happen again, and I am not really worried at this stage.

Luke