[ltp] Linux but not Thinkpad newbie with q's.

Victoria Lamburn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:37:03 +0100

Hiya,

> Changing the video output driver from xvideo to x11 seemed to help
> somewhat.

Did this solve the problem I describe?  What improvment did it make?

I have done some more tests; namely that I have come to the conclusion what
I am witnessing is the joy of macrovision.  I say this because outputting a
standard MPEG-1 video on TV works fine.

Also from what I work out; there is a Option "TvOut" and Option "PAL" option
in XF86Config and possibly also XF86Config-4.  I have only tried these on
the latter file, which lead to more problems.  I believe if I put these in
XF86Config in the screen section (although according to this:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/xf-xpert/msg08158.html - it seems they go
elsewhere) and see what happens.

No matter what I have tried, I get the segmentation fault outputting a PAL
signal.

So if it does conspire what I am witness is macrovision, which is likely -
that is a real pain!!

Thanks for the reply!

Vicky