[ltp] SectorIdNotFound error when using a kernel with CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:00:43 +0200

Hi folks,

my kernel 2.6.6 reported a difference of ~2 GB between the native and
the current capacity of the 40 GB hard disk. I was told that using
CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE would give access to the full native capacity, so
I built a kernel with this option.

However, when I try to run mkfs on the partition which uses the space
behind the current capacity, I get I/O errors with SectorIdNotFound,
with sector numbers all above the current capacity. So using the native
capacity apperently doesn't work for me.

Has anyone else payed around with this option? Is there something I can
do to use the full native capacity?

Regards,
Tino