[ltp] pre-installation advice?

SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:11:07 -0400

You may want to call IBM and get a set of recovery disks.

I would also advise you to partition your HD into 3 sectors: MS, Common_Data,
Linux. I have linux split into: /boot, /, swap, /home, and /Linux_Data.

When you crash [which I do frequently due to my playing] the system if you
have your data NOT stored with the operating system your nights will have a
lot more sleep in them.

Frank