[ltp] Re: ACPI Hibernate and Suspend Strange behavior 2.6.7/-mm1

Pavel Machek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 23:40:52 +0200

Hi!

> So i don't use Apic and so acpi works now after powering on the machine and
> booting with acpi resume kernel all get to work again. Only sometimes, don't
> know why and in witch circumstances, the system boots the kernel and find the
> Image in Swapspace, but reading that image says that this is an corruptet
> image and stop booting, now if I power the system whith resume=noresume the
> kernel boots up find the Image in swap (why that) and restore this found
> image back to an running system at the last state. Strange ! After the system

fsck now, and never ever resume second time.
If resume fails, force fsck and re-mkswap.
				Pavel

> boots everything goes back to work. Only the IRQ problem remains and
> hibernating and resuming again will work.
>
> Finaly I have an request: could the acpi_wakeup_devices be addet to some patch
> set ? Or preferable to kerneltree it self?!
>

> So i hope someone will read this, and maybe report the same problems, or
> better an hint what it could be :-)
>
> CU Sergio
>
> - --
> Microsoft is to operating systems & security ....
>              .... what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking
>
> PGP-Key http://vergata.it/GPG/F17FDB2F.asc
> -

64 bytes from 195.113.31.123: icmp_seq=28 ttl=51 time=448769.1 ms