[ltp] alsa sound on T40

Roman Joost linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:49:23 +0100

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

I'm using Debian sid with my T40 and the most of the hardware runs fine,
even with ACPI (okey, some problems occure but i can live with that).=20

One problem which disturbs me is my sound. I use the alsa drivers
provided by the 2.6.3 kernel and the sound works well, with one
exception: i can only play sound with one application. That means, that
eg.  my mplayer uses the sound device and all other players can't play
sound.=20

Maybe I missed something to pass parameters to the alsa module (intel
8X0, afaik). I don't use arts daemon or something else. I looked at the
alsa-project page but can't find anything related.

Does someone know a solution for this problem?

Thanks!!
--=20
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de