AW: [ltp] lock terminals by bringing the lap into sleep mode

Tepperis-Von der Ohe, Michael (LOGICA) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:04:33 +0100

hi,

I've found a nice utility that fit to my needs: lockvc
started on a console, you have to log in that, before
you can do anything. no switch to other consoles or to
the X window system are available.

imho a bios password is only usefull, if you allways
start the machine with pwer on. but I want to bring
it only in sleep(hibernate) state.

I'll give xlock a try.

thanks=20
 michael

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:	Chris Douglas [SMTP:cdouglas@wso.williams.edu]
> Betreff:	Re: [ltp] lock terminals by bringing the lap into sleep mode
>=20
> The simplest solution is probably a BIOS password. It "works" on my =
T22