[ltp] Presentations

Paul Alfille linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:03:20 -0500

IBM has a great resource:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pcinstitute/psref/tabook.pdf

This gives a one page synopsis of all their current thinkpads.
Unfortunately, the T21 is no longer current.

Fortunately, this reference:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=thinkpad+T21&q2=external+display&uid=psg1MIGR-4PEJ5Q&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=
contains the statement:

> Video
> Models with Windows 98 Second Edition support a system display and an
> external monitor simultaneously(4) while different
> applications are on each screen. Move the cursor from one screen to
> the other and drag and drop items from the application on one screen
> to the application on the second screen.

So the answer is yes.

Typically, you include two device sections in your XF86Config file, one
with "Screen 0" and the second "Screen 1".

Depending on your distribution, there may be automated tools for the
setup. Otherwise I can send you examples from my (desptop) machines.

Paul Alfille