[ltp] Thinkpad 760XL Numberpad - simple Q

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:23:36 -0500

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 15:51, after a long battle with technology,
Adam Southerland wrote:
> How do I use my number pad? I can't remember....

Push NumLock, then uiop = 456* jkl; = 123- etcetera.   Thinkpads use a
weird keycode for NumLock though, so you might want to try doing
"xmodmap -e 'keycode 77 = Num_Lock' " before pushing NumLock.

> (e.g. My KP + and KP - while pressing CTRL + SHIFT or ALT... I
> forget) For X Windows?

If you want to change resolutions in X, "xvidtune -next" is more
reliable on machines with weird/broken numeric keypads.  I have
Shift-F7 bound to that xvidtune command (using xbindkeys) because the
only thing I'd ever use NumLock for on my A22p is to change resolutions
in X.  HTH,

--
  Och Aye. Twa pounds ten, and that's cutting me puir wee throatie.
  Would ye want that haggis supersized?