[ltp] a30 voltage tolerance

Brian Beattie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:36:14 -0500

--=-/oakILAD6yZUvKLyIO0j

I read an article on making an auxilary battery.  According to the
article 12 Alkaline cells, a nominal 18V, is what you need.  What I'd
like to know, before I plug this sucker in, is does anybody know
anything about the circuit on the A30 (presumeably all current
thinkpads).  Can the circuit handle 18v, can it handle lower voltage
with out damage?
--=20
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie@beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or
www.beattie-home.net     | long term, available immediately.

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto

--=-/oakILAD6yZUvKLyIO0j

--=-/oakILAD6yZUvKLyIO0j--