[ltp] Thinkpad 760XL - XFree86 Version Video

Richard Griffith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:11:41 -0500

Bert Haskins wrote:
> IMHO You may be beating a dead horse.
> IMHO2 RH9/FC1 versions  don't  run very  well  in  128M  and  the  max  for
> 760 is 94M, or is it 104, I forget..
> I have some 760EDs, keep them for midi stuff, and use bare bones RH7.3.
> My 2 cents... Bert

Actually, 7.2 was a better choice ;) The 760XL is a spare I play with
just to evaluate how well installers behave under, shall we say,
difficult conditions. It is funny that it's close cousin, the 760XD,
usually fares much better. Odd. I'll probably have to try one of the new
2.6 based ones on it, just because. There must be some kind fancy
psychological term for this disorder.

-Richard