[ltp] TP600X PIII-500:power save

Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:22:38 +0100

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 13:00:28 +0100, netman.system@free.fr wrote:
> Hello
>
> Please, apologize me for my very poor english
>
> I search to increase battery use time of my tp600X. It's P3-500
> model, and the distro is Mandrake 8.2 (yes, the old 8.2). How to tune
> the machine (fstab ? slown down cpu by /proc ? ???)

I think you are thinking about CPUfreq or something similar. AFAIK both
the CPU and the Intel chipset are too old to be supported by CPUfreq. I
tried to use it with a T20 (Mobile PIII 700, BX chipset), but the
chipset was not supported. You could still configure the CPU speed
settings for battery operation using ps2.exe or with IBM's ThinkPad
Configuration Utility, if you have a running windows.

Regards,
Tino