[ltp] Thinkpad 760XL - XFree86 Version Video

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:18:10 +0000

>From: jeff <jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com>
>To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
>Subject: Re: [ltp] Thinkpad 760XL - XFree86 Version Video
>Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:08:36 +0000
>
>I used to have a 760EL that had the same graphics chipset. With 3.3.x, the
>Trident drivers work fine. But they did not work with 4.x versions. What I
>did was (with Mandrake, other distros may call it something else) to select
>"unlisted SVGA" for the card and everything was happy with that choice. I
>believe that unlisted SVGA was simply a FB driver as a failsafe if your
>video card wasn't supported.
>
>Hope this helps,
>    jeff
>
>--

3.3.6 is simple now... (got it working last night...) it's just a nuisance
to have to go and download or in my case install Slack 7.1 to make it work
right... (Have to compile my own NIC Drivers so downloading is rather
difficult at first =)

Micah (Adam Southerland)

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx