[ltp] Re: T30 owners - Memory bank problems?

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:10:36 +1100

--------------030507010107090300090909

At what point do they recall their products if there is a design flaw?
Its fine for now while its under warranty but after the three years are
up, these machines are doomed (it seems from the majority of the

At the very least they should offer a cheap upgrade to a T4x, I should
think.

DS

--
Dr. D. Sen
School of Electrical Engineering & Telecommunications

--------------030507010107090300090909

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
At what point do they recall their products if there is a design flaw?
Its fine for now while its under warranty but after the three years are
up, these machines are doomed (it seems from the majority of the
At the very least they should offer a cheap upgrade to a T4x, I should
think.<br>
DS<br>
Ben Pfaff wrote:
  <pre wrap="">"D. Sen" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:dsen@ieee.org">&lt;dsen@ieee.org&gt;</a> writes:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Just wondering if any of the T30 owners using both memory banks on
their system boards have noticed a problem. [...]
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Yep.  Three of us in one office at Stanford have T30s with 1 GB
RAM as 2x512 MB.  All three of us have had a memory bank go bad.
Two of us have had motherboards replaced, and one of those
machines has in fact had two new motherboards.  I just haven't
got around to getting mine repaired yet; 512 MB RAM is still
plenty.

We've had other problems, too, like the TFTs going bad.  I
wouldn't recommend buying a T30.  They're crap for reliability.
  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Dr. D. Sen
School of Electrical Engineering &amp; Telecommunications