[ltp] Network Card Dropping packets

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:17:54 +0000

I Just rebuilt my Thinkpad with Slackware 9.1... Keyword is rebuilt...

I finally got the old pcmcia-cs-x.x.x package rebuilt along with my RealTek
8139 drivers...

Now, my network seems to work and I can ping and stuff BUT the instant I use
a webbrowser (lynx, netscape, etc...) my packets start getting 'dropped' and
I also get a few errors...

I also had this happen to my IBM 10/100 EtherJet NIC (But I didn't have to
re-create drivers for it)

The interesting thing is FTP, PING (ICMP) seem to work fine... Anyone know
why this is happening?

Thanks,
Micah (Adam Southerland)