[ltp] question for dual boot people

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:00:09 -0800

At 05:46 AM 3/6/2004, Vincent Touquet wrote:

>For the people who use a Windows version and Linux
>on their Thinpad: do you go with NTFS for Windows,
>or do you stick with FAT32 ?

I'm not sure if T40 qualifies as thin nowadays.  I go with the probable
majority, Windows installed on NTFS, plus a FAT32 partition for file
systems to be accessible to both Windows and linux.  SuSE has no difficulty
with an NTFS Windows boot partition.  With redhat, I've continued to start
out by creating a FAT32 C: partition and installing Windows on a separate
NTFS partition, before installing linux.  If you really want your Windows
to be insecure, go ahead and use FAT32 only.

Tim Prince