[ltp] Thinkpad 760XL - Linux Install Information

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:51:45 +0000

>From: "Philippe Corboz" <philippe.corboz@pop.agri.ch>
>To: <linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org>
>Subject: Re: [ltp] Thinkpad 760XL - Linux Install Information
>Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 16:37:20 +0100
>
>Hi,
>
>I have been experimenting along the same lines as you (Slack 9.0, though),
>on an 760CD. My harddisk is of the 1.2 M variety, and I'm shoehorning
>Slackware into a 600MB partition.
>
>I got a mini-mini-mini system now booting off said partition, all is well
>in
>text mode, but I get no framebuffer ... and I want that for X11.
>
>Now, since fbdev must (apparently) be compiled into the kernel, would the
>conclusion be appropriate that I need to use another kernel?
>
>If yes, is there a way around building my own? Any ideas?
>
>Philippe

I definately understand your situation =) ... I a unfamiliar with 'fbdev'
though... in fact, I have not gotten XFree86 4.x.x to work on my 760XL
yet... (I haven't tried what info I got from Tino yet either)

Maybe someone else knows more about fbdev than I? (I'm sure someone does)

Adam

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time Offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/