[ltp] X/ATI on IBM R50p

Joshua Megerman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 16:07:44 -0500

Can someone who has X and the ATI driver working on an IBM R50p please =
send
me a copy of your XF86Config-4 file?  I've gotten basic X working with a
non-accelerated driver (thanks to Knoppix! :), but I'm using gentoo as =
my
installed distro and just can't get it to work with the ATI driver.  =
Also, I
currently have AGPGART build as a kernel module - should I be using that =
or
should I remove the AGP support and use the support built into the ATI
driver?

Additionally, if anyone has any tips for getting various drivers/apps
working on it, as well as packages/drivers I should install, I'd greatly
appreciate it - this is my first time building a modern laptop with =
linux
(i.e. - post P5...).  I currently have the following parts working with
kernel 2.6.3-r1 (gentoo):
	sound
	e1000 LAN
	madwifi WLAN
	slmodem WinModem
	bluetooth
	X using the vesa driver

Thanks in advance to everyone out there!

Addendum: I just tried the new 3.7.0 driver with a T40/1(p?) XF86Config =
that
someone posted from the archives, and it mucks up my console display so =
that
I have to reboot.  The error I get is related to the Synaptics Touchpad, =
and
that it failed to initialize core devices.  I don't know if this is the =
only
problem, but the corruption of the text console is a problem.  I'm using =
the
gentoo synaptics-0.12.4 driver - anybody?

Josh