[ltp] Wireless card recommendation

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:40:59 +0100

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 12:49:37 -0800, Peter Theunis wrote:

[...]

> As far as i can tell, today 11/03/04, the Intel centrino driver is
> experimental at best: no WEP support would be a no-go for me.

The Madwifi driver was also very experimental in the beginning. But
apart from that, the Intel driver only supports the old .11b hardware.
If you take the time between the announcement that there will be a
Linux driver for it, and the actual release of the driver, support for
newer Centrino chipsets won't come very soon IMHO.

Regards,
Tino